Main Research Interests
My main interest is text simplification, especially:
- Lexical simplification
- Explanation generation
- Readability and understandability, particularly measuring understandability
- Adapting text for specific target groups (hearing-impaired, mentally disabled, dyslexic, autistic)
I am also interested in language acquisition, user experience and data structures.
As principal investigator
- GAUK 1704218: Automatické zjednodušování textu jako pomoc čtenářům (a strojům) [Automated text simplification as an aid for readers (and machines)], 2018-2020
- LTC18020: Modelování complexity českých literárních textů [Modelling complexity of Czech literary texts], May 2018 - October 2021, PI Silvie Cinková
- since 2017, pursuing Ph.D. degree in Mathematical Linguistics (MFF UK)
- 2015 - 2017 Master degree in Mathematical Linguistics (MFF UK)
I organize Czech Olympiad in informatics (called Mathematical olympiad, category P), I occasionally help with Central European Olympiad in Informatics too.
I was born on 29th January 1992.
I am married. We have a GSD puppy (born Apr 2017) and a wonderful daughter Linda (born Apr 2018). I hope we are not finished yet :)
My hobbies include mathematical linguistics of course :), hiking, gardening, playing the guitar, proof-reading, organizing events and chatting.
I don't teach any formal course. (Honestly, fleeing from a classroom with a crying baby is easier as a student than as the teacher.)
However, feel free to ask for a consultation regarding text simplification, user experience, git or social ethics.