Requirements for obtaining the course credit
Students have to submit three assignments (Homework #1, #2, #3) during the term so that the sum of scores in the HWs exceeds the required score limit:
Total max score: 90 pts
Required score limit: 65 pts
Students have to pass two written tests during the term so that the sum of scores in the tests exceeds the required score limit:
- Test1 max score: 30 pts
- Test2 max score: 100 pts
- Total max score: 130 pts
- Required score limit: 65 pts
Each obligatory assignment is scored and should be submitted in time.
There are two due dates for submissions of HW #1 and HW #2, early and late. If students submit the assignment by the late due date, their assignment is penalized.
For HW #3 there is only one hard deadline.
For details, see this page.
- Written tests are closed-book scored tests.
- The first written test consists of questions to be answered in 45 minutes, the last test in 80 minutes.
- The topics covered for the tests will be specified in time.
- In the tests, we require neither programming in R, nor mathematical proofs. We require practical knowledge of basic machine learning concepts (definitions, terms, and relationships among them). Some questions are formulated as simple tasks that can be addressed without the computer.
- The goal of the tests is to verify whether students understand the topics discussed in the course and whether they are able to apply theoretical knowledge in practical situations.
- We strictly require working out the questions on one's own.